If you’ve been reading my blog, my resolutions will come as no surprise. They are to:
- Blog 2-3x/week.
- Ask for help when I need it.
- Say yes to what I want and no to what I don’t want.
The biggest problem with New Year’s resolutions is that they are usually forgotten by February. But not this year! Here are some tips for making the most out of your resolutions:
- Make your goals public. Tell your friends and family. Tweet, post, and blog about it. Whatever will keep you accountable.
- Use positive language. Rather than having the goal of losing weight, reframe it as eating healthier, exercising more, learning a new sport.
- Make specific goals. Make a plan for how you will exercise more: I’ll go to the gym 3x/week, I’ll take tennis lessons.
- Focus on the process. Life is more about how we choose to live it than the end result. Most of our lives are spent in the process; the outcome is just a pit stop.
- Take stock of your progress. I suggest that you do it periodically throughout the year. At the end of the year you can decide if you want to recommit to this goal.